Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katka0721

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2014
I have had my MB Air for about a week, everything was working smoothly, but this morning I was trying to send an email (using Mail) and got this:

"Cannot send message using the server iCloud

Mail was unable to connect to server “p06-smtp.mail.me.com” using SSL on the default ports. Verify that this server supports SSL and that your account settings are correct.

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent."

I am receiving emails with no problem.

What do I do?

Thank you.

n0cus

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2012
I have had my MB Air for about a week, everything was working smoothly, but this morning I was trying to send an email (using Mail) and got this:

"Cannot send message using the server iCloud

Mail was unable to connect to server “p06-smtp.mail.me.com” using SSL on the default ports. Verify that this server supports SSL and that your account settings are correct.

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent."

I am receiving emails with no problem.

What do I do?

Thank you.

Go to System Preferences. Click on Internet Accounts. Delete the account that isn't working. Then, recreate the account. This should hopefully work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.