Cant send mail throught Entourage 08 while at home

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by copperz, Aug 15, 2009.

1. copperz macrumors member

copperz

I have a big problem:
    I have entourage 08 and I have 3 mail accounts on it.
    1. is an exchange server (works fine anywhere)
    2. another exchange server. But since you can only have 1 exchange account, I go throght the web interface as imap (mail.companyname.com).
    3. is just my yahoo account.

So here is the problem: I can send and receive emails just fine while at my office (wireless). But at home I can only receive emails from accounts 2 and 3 and I cant send. At home, I have both, cable and DSL both with their own wireless routers that and both experiance the same problem.
    I also have an Iphone and I just tethered to my macbook to test my connection and I CAN send mail while tetheard to the Iphone.

Anyone know what I have to do on my routers at home or anything else I should do?

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Actually, Entourage supports multiple Exchange accounts. In Entourage, open up the Account Settings, hit the "New" button, and select Exchange to go through everything.

What happens when you try to send a message on your first Exchange account?

Also, if both of your Exchange accounts are on Exchange 2007, you should check out Entourage for Web Services. It's a free upgrade for Entourage 2008 users, and it's got some great back-end updates that result in better performance.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

You say it suports multiple Exchange accounts, but when I added the additional mailboxes, which were team mailboxes, it just put my data in there. It didn't get the mailbox information at all.

Is EWS Exchange 2007 only? Will it work with 2003 just with no benefits or does it simply not integrate?

4. nadyne macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure what you mean by "team mailbox". Are you referring to public folders? If that's the case, here's how you subscribe to public folders. There's plenty of content in the Entourage help about using Exchange's public folders, just do a search there and you'll find plenty of information.

EWS only works with Exchange 2007 SP1 RU4 or later. If you are using Exchange 2003 or earlier, do not update to EWS. If you update to EWS, you won't be able to access your Exchange account any longer.

EWS only uses Exchange Web Services to communicate with Exchange. In Entourage 2008 and earlier, we used WebDAV to communicate with Exchange. Exchange Web Services was introduced in Exchange 2007, so that's the version of Exchange that you need to use with Entourage for Web Services.

For future questions about Entourage and Exchange, you might find that the Entourage public forums are a good resource for you. There are more Exchange users hanging out there, so you might get better answers faster by posting there.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

5. copperz thread starter macrumors member

copperz

Thats great news that entourage supports multiple exchange accounts. Although, I still wont be able to use that particular account because I would then need to run it with VPN and I would rather not bother with that.

I think its because my ISP is blocking port 25 (comast) And not sure about my DSL Att account?

I haven't tried the suggested all over the internet 587 port yet. But I will latter today.