Can't Set Custom Vibration Patterns?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by cambookpro, Sep 25, 2012.

1. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Hi,
    I've looked in General > Accessibility but there seems no way to enable custom vibration patterns. Anyone got any idea how you can?

If anyone has got it working, can you post a screenshot of where the menu is found? Thanks.

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Settings > Sounds > Sounds and Vibration Patterns. Under each alert type (Ringtone, Text Tone) at the top, there is Vibration. Select the vibration type there.

3. cambookpro thread starter macrumors 603

cambookpro

Thanks. Must've been moved in iOS 6.

4. tribe.matt macrumors newbie

Two different vibrations?

I'm not having a problem finding the vibrations, but having a problem with the fact that Apple overlooked part of the custom vibrations (unless I'm missing something?). I prefer to have a very light vibrations for certain contacts when they message me. Using the custom vibrations I set it up so that this works perfectly from the lock screen, or when I'm not actively using that message thread for the contact. The problem is that when the message thread is open and the contact replies, the DEFAULT vibration is used (two short strong vibrations). Is there any way around this? This is using iOS 6 on an iPhone 4.
    Thanks!

5. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

That happens to me with various text tones and having the default sound in an open thread. Maybe Apple did overlook this; I wonder if their reasoning is that you don't need a special vibration whilst in the messages app because the screen is showing you who it is you are chatting with.

6. tribe.matt macrumors newbie

That's a good point, except I guess maybe I'm too neurotic and want minimalist vibrations, but compared to the blip of a vibration I have it set to, the default is like an earthquake. Maybe they will address this some day.... until then I had to turn it off!