Can't set up family plan through apple's site

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aliaga61, Jun 7, 2010.

1. aliaga61 macrumors newbie

I've noticed this in the past when I was considering the 3GS, and I got the same message today. I am currently with T-mobile on a family plan and was playing around with setting up a family plan through apple's site (wanting to order 2 iphones). After I submit all my info to determine eligibility, it tells me that I have to go to the apple store to set up my family plan. Does that have to do anything with buying multiple iphones at once? Do I have to buy the Iphones through ATT, instead of Apple?

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Apple sells iPhone and AT&T sells phone plan.

3. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I read somewhere that after you buy the 2 phones you sign in to "my account" and select "convert to family plan" I need to know as well as im adding a line for my girlfriend to get one as well. I was going to give her my 3gs and take the iphone 4 I got by opening her line but since att pushed everyone forward im eligible now too.

4. MurphyM macrumors 6502

I tried to create a Family Plan at store.apple.com as well, but when I said I was an existing customer and wanted to add a line I got a message telling me to come into the store. I was just testing for when the iPhone 4 becomes available.

I've had an iPhone 3GS for almost a year and want to add a line. I want to get the iPhone 4 on the day it ships. I might just order it and merge the accounts later, BUT -

I also read that some people who tried to convert to a Family plan with a brand new account couldn't do so until the account was active for 60 days.

Weird that an existing account holder is more limited than a new user. That's the phone company....