Can't set wallpaper from Setting App

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by 19jacksparrow91, Feb 5, 2015.

1. 19jacksparrow91 macrumors newbie

Helo mate..anyone please help..i can't set wallpaper from Setting app there's always force close...
    My iPhone is 5s 16GB,
    I think that's because i jailbroke my iPhone..then i do clean restore from iTunes to iOS 8.1.2, but after that i can't set wallpaper from Setting app anymore..and i upgrade to iOS 8.1.3 but there's still can't..
    Please help
    P.S : sorry for bad English
    Thanks in advance

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

You do a clean restore and setup as new or did you restore a backup? You may have a bad backup. Plug your iPhone into iTunes and choose the restore option. Once it is finished, do not restore from a backup. Choose setup iPhone as new. If you still have issues, you need to go to the Apple Store.

3. 19jacksparrow91 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm forget..maybe i do a bad backup like you said...
    I'll try to restore again and i will tell here..
    And thanks for replies
    Cheers

4. iPhone20 macrumors regular

Hey bro, i can help you fix that if you can rejailbreak your iPhone. :)
    Some tweak broke the path from settings app to Wallpaper section in iPhone file manager. It happened with me too.
    You can downgrade to iOS 8.1.2 , jailbreak it and dont restore from backup as you wont be able to do it since backup is now linked with 8.1.3 . Then I'll give you the required steps. :) It will take around max 5 min. And then you can update to 8.1.3 and restore from your backup. :)

5. 19jacksparrow91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just tell the steps bro please..
    because I do not have a notebook or pc or Mac
    I'll try tomorrow to borrow my friend's notebook

6. iPhone20 macrumors regular

1.) Download iFile. ( I'm considering that you know how to rename folders in iFile. )
    2.) Then move to this path - /private/var/stash/_.wYfrAS to _Wallpaper. (Please note there will be around 3-4 folders with name similar to what i mentioned above. You need to check inside each folder and see which contains the Wallpaper folder. Then rename the Wallpaper folder in: /private/var/stash/.zYyrGD to _Wallpaper or rename it to anything. I renamed it as _Wallpaper. )
    3.) Then force closed the settings app just to be sure using the appswitcher and then reopen the Stills option and it will show you No photo/item available.
    4.) Then again force close the Settings app again through the App Switcher.
    5.) Then rename the Wallpaper folder in: /private/var/stash/.zYyrGD to Wallpaper. i.e. Rename the _Wallpaper folder to Wallpaper.

And then head back to Settings.app > Wallpaper and see the magic. :D
    After doing this you'll have your wallpapers working again but i dont think you will be able to get your backup work again.

----------

If you want your backup then you can try one thing:
    Don't restore to 8.1.2 . Click on Check for Update + shift button on windows or option button in Mac and choose the ipsw 8.1.2 file and let the process gets complete. PLease note you will loose your messages history and rest everything will be there. :) and then you can jailbreak and follow the above steps.

I think it is a better option becoz in older option you'll loose everything. But in this case you're loosing only your messages chat history.

7. 19jacksparrow91 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. iPhone20 macrumors regular

Do tell me is you face any problem. And do tell me if you were able to do it. :)

9. 19jacksparrow91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okey...
    I'll share it here #