Can't setup default OS after boot camp install

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lukin, Nov 4, 2008.

1. lukin macrumors regular

Hi - thanks for the help.

I created a boot camp partition of 25g and installed XP. Everything runs great, I can boot into either one, switch back and forth and it seemed to be ok. However, by default it boots into XP.

I did some searching and everywhere says to go into startup disk and select Mac OS to boot into, rather than the boot camp partition. Well, OSX and system preferences startup disk does not show anything other than 'Mac OS' and 'Network'. In xp the boot camp config in Control Panel only lists 'Windows'.

I can't figure out how to make them see each other so I can set the default boot os.

Anyone know what to do?

Thanks again.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Did you stick in the Leopard disc while started up in Windows? In addition to installing the device drivers, it loads an additional system tray icon that looks like 4 diamonds and also a control panel item for Boot Camp. You may need to install that first for it to appear in the System Preferences->Startup Disk.

3. Matek macrumors 6502a

He said he already has that. His problem is that the drive of the other OS doesn't appear on this list.