Can't share iMac and MBP over home network...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marcmartineau, May 22, 2011.

1. marcmartineau macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a strange behavior happening and I can't seem to find the issue... let me explain...

I own a MacBook Pro 17 inches 2009, an iMac 27 inches 2010 and my wife has an iMac spring 2008 all on the same network at home. I'm able to screen share between my MBP and my iMac without any issues. I can't screen share between my MBP and my wife's iMac, but I can screen share between my iMac and my wife's iMac !

We use DropCopy on the 3 computers to share files and I can send files between my MBP and my iMac, I can do the same between my Imac and my wife's iMac, but can't send files between my MBP and my wife's iMac ! and she can send files between her iMac and my iMac but can't send files between her iMac and my MBP ! ! !

All 3 computers are configured exactly the same and are on the same network ! What is more bizzare is I can see my wife's iMac name in my MBP finder but can't screen share...

Check the SHARING configs between all and it' the exact same config...

Somebody have seen this issue before ? because I'm out of ressources !

Really thanks for your help !

Marc

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

Do you have firewalls set up? Are you *sure* you're on the same network? If you're not, but you do have MobileMe, it might be trying to use Back to my Mac.