Can't share mac's wifi with PC

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Gballa, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Gballa macrumors member

The pc is using a linksys wireless adapter...the software says cannot communicate with the access point. I have experimented with different channels. Here is a pic of what i am sharing from and with.

[​IMG]

2. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Do you want to have both Mac and PC connect seperately into the Linksys via WifI and then out to the net? If so thats not internet sharing. Internet sharing would be, where the PC connects to the MAC and then onto the Linksys.

If you just want to connect the Mac to the Linksys then just turn Airport on and you should be able to see the Linksys and connect after setting a password.

3. 1ne macrumors regular

Agreed. As Tumbleweed666 mentioned, internet sharing is when you are using your PC as a gateway or vice versa.

4. Gballa thread starter macrumors member

Ok it's working now...but very slowly. Any help with that? Thanks guys.

5. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Well it depends what it is you are actually doing, is it now directly connected to the linksys? Assuming that I'd start by switching the PC off so I would be sure that there was nothing it was doing (hogging the link or sharing through the PC that you didnt know about) , before investigating other possible causes.

Presumably its slower than the PC, which is your 'benchmark' ??