Can't shut down MBP since I upgraded to OS X

1stdaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
I got a MBP 13 2010 with Core 2 duo. For some reasons, since I installed ML 1 month ago, I can't shut down my cpu unless I push the power button for 5 seconds. That's quite annoying and I don't know what to do.

Anybody else got this problem ? Any solution ?

Thank you.

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
Could be system file corruption, somewhere. It happens...

Do you have DiskWarrior? Buy it. Boot from it. Let it scan and fix your hard drive. It's saved me a lot of headaches, and while it might not resolve your problem, it's resolved enough for me to heartily recommend... it is worth every penny...

Sidenote: I also bought Drive Genius 3 -- solely for the drive cloning function. I don't use it for defrag or anything else to do with HDD work. Only system backups.

1stdaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
Could be system file corruption, somewhere. It happens...

Do you have DiskWarrior? Buy it. Boot from it. Let it scan and fix your hard drive. It's saved me a lot of headaches, and while it might not resolve your problem, it's resolved enough for me to heartily recommend... it is worth every penny...

Sidenote: I also bought Drive Genius 3 -- solely for the drive cloning function. I don't use it for defrag or anything else to do with HDD work. Only system backups.
Would it be useful with a SSD (Crucial M4) ?