Can't sign in to Microsoft Messenger

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pants Dragon, May 2, 2009.

1. Pants Dragon macrumors regular

For several days I have been unable to sign in to Microsoft Messenger. I have the leaked 8.0 version. I thought maybe it was a problem with the leaked beta but I can't sign in using aMSN either. I can sign in to web based substitutes like eBuddy, but it's still very annoying. Whenever I try to sign in on the actual application it just tries for awhile and then says the service is not available or you may not be connected to the internet. Any ideas, anybody? Help would be very much appreciated.

2. Pants Dragon thread starter macrumors regular

I don't know the forum policy on bumping your own threads... but I really need help.:(

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Up near the top of the page - FAQ/Rules has the forum rules there if you want to look. :)

Bumps. Posts that bring a thread to the top of the New Posts list but add no content to the thread (bumps) are not permitted. This applies not only to posts that say "bump" but to those with the intent to bump, e.g. posts saying "anyone?" or the equivalent.

Have you tried the normal current version? Presuming you can connect to other IM like yahoo, or at least get internet etc?

4. Pants Dragon thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, my mistake. I'd delete my post but apparently I can't do that either.><

I have tried the current version, and aMSN, none of which allow me to sign in.