Can't sign into the Mac App Store

Discussion in 'macOS Catalina (10.15)' started by BaggieBoy, Jun 5, 2019.

1. BaggieBoy macrumors 6502

BaggieBoy

Says I have 1 update but clicking on "update" throws up a Sign In screen, I enter the password and nothing happens.

Likewise at the bottom left is a "Sign In" icon, clicking on this makes the same request for ID and password but after entering it doesn't appear a sign in has occurred (pressing on the icon again just goes through the same process).

I browsed for an app and pressed "GET", the button goes green and says "INSTALL", pressing this opens the sign in dialog again and then the button goes back to "GET".

Anyone else seeing this?

2. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

I have a separate Apple ID for the App Store and it won't let me login in with it

3. iMacDragon macrumors 68000

iMacDragon

Same, also app updates failing, probably due to same reason.

4. BaggieBoy thread starter macrumors 6502

BaggieBoy

Saw a forum entry on the Apple Developer site which suggested signing out of your Apple Account on the Preference app and signing in again. Did this and now I can sign into the Mac App Store....however I still can't update or download any apps.

5. BaggieBoy thread starter macrumors 6502

BaggieBoy

Beta 2 has mostly resolved the Mac App Store issues for me, I have been able to update 2 apps and download a app as well. However I still have 1 update that appears to be stuck.

6. Tmelon macrumors 65816

I had the same issue until I found some random post about it on Google. It's an odd fix, but signing out of my iCloud account on the Music app (Account > Sign Out) and then signing back in on the Music app and then finally signing in on the Mac App Store made it work. Not sure why the Music app is related, but I've finally got the past 2 weeks of updates.