Can't sign up without a credit card

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MorBabi, Sep 22, 2014.

1. MorBabi macrumors newbie

Hello,

I got my iPhone 5C with iOS 8 installed and I am trying to create an apple account but it requires from me my credit card information. I read tutorials online which say I need to buy a free application through iTunes / App Store and I did it and it still requires from me a credit card and I can't find the 'none' option.

What should I do?

Thank you very much!

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

There is no "none" option. If you go through the MAS, regardless of whether or not an app is free, you have to have a credit card number attached to your account, when making a transaction through the MAS.

3. MorBabi thread starter macrumors newbie

There was such option before and I have an account without a credit card. I am trying to make this account for my mother...

4. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

The only time it possibly worked was if you were getting a free app not made by Apple.

But that option may also be gone, leaving you with putting on a credit card or an iTunes gift card to set up the account

5. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

"None" is still there.

From desktop, iTunes store, click on one's AppleID near upper-left corner, click account, click Edit next to Payment Type.

On iOS 8, Settings > iTunes & App Store, click on AppleID, View AppleID, enter passcode, Payment Information, None is 5th entry listed.

BTW: US iTunes

6. MorBabi thread starter macrumors newbie

When I try to login to my Apple Account it asks me to Review my account and then I need to add my Credit Card information. How can i skip it? I can't do it the way you told me.

7. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

When I started my moms account I just used an iTunes gift card.