Cant silence incoming call with volume buttons

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by femin, Dec 29, 2011.

1. femin macrumors newbie

After recent update to 5.01, i cant silence incoming calls with the volume up/down button. Used to be able to do this. Anyone else having the same problem?
    Also i used to set Springflash to volume down up in Activator, this shortcut also doesnt work. Whyy

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I was trying to use springflash and no matter what shortcut or option I set it up it wouldnt light up.
    I also tried the double tap the power button that is the stock option of springflash and still nothing.
    Anyone able to get springflash to work on 5.0.1?

3. mikeymike88 macrumors member

I'm having the same problem with the silencing. I also noticed that before upgrading and jailbreaking, I used to be able to snooze an alarm with the volume buttons and now that doesn't work either

4. neotope macrumors regular

I had the same issue on 5.0, once I uninstalled Activator and SBSettings it worked fine. I switched to IntelliScreenX so SBSettings was not really needed. I would try uninstalled Activator and see if the volume buttons mute the ringer.

5. ritmomundo, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011

ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

I noticed the same exact problem. I found that the volume buttons don't silence anymore. BUT tapping the power button instead DOES! :) HOpe that helps!

6. psywzrd macrumors 68030

ip4 here and jailbroken on 5.0.1 via pwnage (1.59.00 bb) and I can silence the ringer on incoming calls using either volume button. I wasn't able to silence it with either button while I was tethered and on 5.0 - weird. I have activator installed as well so that's not the problem for you guys.

As far as springflash, I disabled the double-tap power button setting and use just the sbsettings toggle. This was after a recent flight where I stuck my phone in my pocket before takeoff and took it out after landing and noticed that my phone was incredibly hot. Turns out that I must have accidentally activated springflash during the flight and my flash was on for probably at least a couple of hours. I don't want that to happen again so I decided that the sbsettings toggle was more than good enough for me.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Tapping the powe button send them straight to voicemail.
    I didnt know that before then someone ask me how come you reject my phone calls after 2-3 rings?
    Oops:D
    I meant to hit the volume so it silences and keeps rining so they think you're not there or busy instead of rejecting them straight to voicemail.

8. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Tapping the power button once silences the ringer - tapping it twice sends the caller right to voicemail.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I see.
    Thanks.

10. noiceT macrumors 6502a

I got springflash to work on the two volume buttons at same time gesture. However its not completly perfect as the led flickers quickly once, and then turns on.

For the OP's question, I have also run into this problem of not being able to silence calls with the volume buttons..:( Comes in handy, I hope it can be fixed.

11. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

I have the same problem silencing incoming calls...

Hope it can be fixed.

12. jordanwar macrumors member

jordanwar

Yeah same problem as op.
    I have winterboard and activator installed.
    Very annoying hope it's fixed.

13. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

Oh I see, for some reason i was under the impression tapping the power once sent the caller straight to voicemail too

Thanks

14. jordanwar macrumors member

jordanwar

15. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I actually just noticed that I have a beta version of activator installed. Maybe that's why this is working for me.