Can't slide to unlock after water spill iphone5s

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cfw1234, Apr 8, 2014.

1. cfw1234 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I spilled water on my phone while eating and now my screen will turn on but won't slide to unlock. Right after the spill the app icons on the bottom half of the phone didn't respond anymore so I turned it off. When I tried to turn it on again it worked and I could see my text message alerts and feel it vibrate when I got an email but when I tried to slide and unlock it wouldn't respond. I turned it off again and put it in a bag of rice. Has this ever happened to anyone and will it be okay after a day or so staying in the bag? Please help, any advice would be great thank you!!

2. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

your digitizer and probably main board are done. you will have to buy a new phone.

3. cfw1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

Eeek I might have to switch back to my old one since I can't afford that right now I'm just hoping for a miracle when I try my phone again tomorrow :(

4. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

well, i really doubt it will work. it's a long shot but take it to an apple store and act extra sad and stressed out about it, and theres a small chance they will replace it for free, although they aren't supposed to.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I highly doubt things will just magically start working.
    When electronics short out it's not reversible.

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

You could try to hold the home and sleep button at the same time an hope it works. Just don't get you hopes up.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Best bet would have been to turn it off and keep it off in a bag of rice for at least a few days straight before trying it again. At this point you can give it a few days before trying it again, but some additional damage might already be there from that use shortly after the spill.