Can't Start From Sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Futhark, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

Here's the problem I'm having, yesterday I bought a Wireless Keyboard & Wireless Pad & Cable to run my MacBook Pro on my TV via Thunderbolt to HDMI I was told that when my laptop was closed its in sleep mode and I would be able to start it by pressing on my keyboard or pad to bring it on to my tv but this doesn't work for me? I've looked under advanced settings for my wireless devices and the option to start laptop via Bluetooth device is checked. I'm running the very latest version of Lion. Any ideas what's going wrong?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

do you have it plugged into the magsafe charger?

when connected to a external monitor and you have the lid closed your in "clamshell mode" and for clamshell mode to work you need to be connect to AC power

3. Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

Yeah I've been plugged in. I've a password on when it wakens up. Could this possibly do it? I'm just thinking by the time the tv kicks in the laptop maybe goes back into sleep because of the delay? Is this possible?

Edit: oops now when I think about it I may have unplugged the power lead :D I'll know once I get back home !!!

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

Ya check that then test the keyboard from a closer distance to see if the Bluetooth is not being interfered from where you were previously test like if you were 20 feet away try from 5 feet