Can't switch back to OS X from Windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by iamb hi, Feb 11, 2013.

1. iamb hi macrumors newbie

I successfully installed Boot Camp and Win7 on my 7 year old iMac running Snow Leopard. The computer now boots in Windows and holding the option key has no effect. The OSX partition does not show in Windows device manager or elsewhere, nor is there a Boot Camp icon in the system tray. I tried inserting the OSX startup disk but Win7 does not recognize it. I had not yet installed the boot camp drivers. I'm not a computer whiz, so answers in plain English would be great--thanks! I'm also presently locked out of Support Communities due to a weird username do-loop, so references there won't help.

2. simsaladimbamba

You may have formatted the wrong partition during the reinstallation of Windows, but you might have a look at Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management to look for existing partitions, since the Device Manager does not show them, as far as I can remember.

You can also try the following:

If that does not work, you may have to rely on your backup and reinstall Mac OS X.

PS: What about installing the Boot Camp drivers in Windows 7 to get the Boot Camp icon in the Task Bar / System Tray?

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

4. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

1. Press the Start Orb
    2. Type "diskmgmt.msc" in the search box
    3. Press Enter
    How many partitions are listed for Disk0?