Can't switch from Windows to Mac with bootcamp.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Chevy2rd, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Chevy2rd macrumors newbie

Firstly, sorry if I put this in the wrong section.

Secondly, here goes, so I installed Windows with bootcamp, but forget to put the apple support software in an external hard drive & install it once on Windows. Only my mouse works, the keyboard won't connect to windows & I'm unable to connect to the Internet on windows.
    I'm pretty sure I just need the apple support files to get things to run properly, I'm just not sure how to acquire them. If anyone could help me get these files or show me a way of switching between operating systems without the keyboard that'd be great. Thank you for any help in advance.

P.S. Restarting the computer won't bring up the option to switch between operating systems either.

2. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

You should be able to restart the computer and hold down the Option key while it's restarting to select to boot into OS X instead of Windows

3. Chevy2rd thread starter macrumors newbie

When I restart it, my keyboard isn't being picked up by the iMac. It's a Bluetooth keyboard.

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

You have to press (short) the power key (On Keyboard) just before the chime, it will pick up the Keyboard, believe me, I do the same and it's known to be a bug or whatever.

5. Chevy2rd thread starter macrumors newbie

I did this & the keyboard lit up, but I nothing happened once I held down the option button. Is there anyway of downloading the windows drivers & put them on a USB & transfer them onto my iMac?

Anyone please help, I'm desperate. I essentially have a $1500 paper weight.

6. Avatarshark macrumors regular

7. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

^^This

The problem with wireless keyboards is the are wireless:rolleyes: , so maybe there is no solid connection on startup, interference or the battery is empty!