Can't sync after upgrading to iOS 8 iPhone 5s, please help

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by blazersrule, Sep 19, 2014.

1. blazersrule macrumors newbie

So I couldn't upgade to ios 8 for the longest time because it would get stuck on the activation screen, the one with the Apple logo and black progress. I had to restore to factory settings and then restore from a backup to get it booted eventually. However it never put my apps back on the phone it would get stuck on this step, and I can't sync even after displugging, restarting my phone, restoring my phone again, restarting my computer.

Does anyone know what to do? Please help as I really need to install my apps.

Thanks

Running snow leopard, latest version of itunes, iphone 5s.

2. blazersrule thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

I'm having similar issues with a new iPhone 6. iOS 8 is a mess. Cannot get any media to sync properly. Worst software launch from Apple since the first OS X. :(

4. blazersrule thread starter macrumors newbie

I had to downgrade to ios 7.1.2, but once I did, everything started syncing again. Screw ios8, it didn't really seem any different. I was freaking out because the apple store said the only solution was to start over from scratch (I guess because downgrading is not an official supported function).

Downgrading was a breeze, so I'd recommend that.

5. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

I erased and started from backup and it didn't help either so I guess you did the right thing. Too bad I can't downgrade. I just hope Apple fixes this fast.

6. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

I have the exact same setup (OS X Snow Leopard, iTunes 11.4, iPhone 5s), but everything went smoothly for me. My 5s works a lot better under iOS 8.0 than it did under 7.0.

Still some optimizing and polishing left for Apple to do, but as a X.0 version, iOS 8 is further along than iOS 7 was at this stage. Recall all the threads last year about Safari and other app crashes, and random system reboots aka the "white screen of death." I haven't experienced anything close to that level of bugginess with iOS 8.

If you're using iTunes, did you see if the restore from backup would work with any other backups you might have (assuming you keep multiple backups on your computer)?

7. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Tried multiple backups, doesn't matter the result is the same. Judging by the Apple Support boards, we're not the only ones. Oh well, radio for the time being. :(