Can't sync calendars properly (iPhone <--> iCal)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stardotboy, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Stardotboy macrumors regular

Hoping someone may be able to help me out with a small problem I've been experiencing for the last couple of weeks - I expect it's something obvious but I really can't work out what's going on!

Basically I've had my iPhone for about 6 weeks now and I have been syncing all my appointments created on my iPhone or on iCal between my two devices (iPhone and iMac). However for the last couple of weeks no appointments that I make on my phone transfer to my mac. They do still transfer from my mac to my phone though.

I've tried numerous things to try and fix this, including:
    - double checking all settings on the actual iPhone to make sure appointments would be transferred over to my mac
    - double checking all the settings in iTunes to make sure the relevant calendars are selected to transfer (I've also tried the 'transfer all' option to no avail)
    - double checking all my iCal settings, including turning on and off time zone support (as there was a forum post by someone else saying that fixed a similar issue)

I have had this issue with 1.1.3 but have just upgraded to 1.1.4 and it's still there.

If anyone has any helpful ideas as to what else might be causing this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Stardotboy thread starter macrumors regular

Ah would you believe it, after hours of searching for an answer and posting the above, I just found a solution that worked :)

If anyone else has the same problem, load up iSync and go to preferences, then click 'reset sync history'. Sorted it for me anyway!