Can't sync contacts from iPad it iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Joybulb, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Joybulb macrumors regular

Joybulb

I uploaded my contacts from my ipad to iCloud, but I'm trying to set up my 4s (first iPhone), and it won't grab the contacts

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You need to be more specifics on what is going wrong, saying "it won't grab" doesn't tell us anything useful in order to help you.

What have you tried?
    Do you get an Error? Error code? error Message?
    Did you sync you iPad to a computer? are using a USB cable? are you using Wifi Sync? you iPhone, is it on what network? is Data enable? did you setup iCloud? are all other iCould services working?

Anything that can help us help you...

3. schreibs1 macrumors newbie

same question as Joybulb

I have an iPad and just purchased an iPhone.
    I transferred my phone contacts from my old cell to my iPhone through the Verizon transfer app. They merged with contacts (mostly email) on my iPad - what a mess! There were many duplicates, and wrong numbers assigned to names. I just spent an hour redoing contacts on iPad and want to make sure that this list gets transferred to my new phone. How do I do that? Through the cloud, or on my PC? I want my PC email list to stay separate. I only want to sync between my iPad and iPhone. Should I delete contacts on phone first? Thanks for any suggestions!

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Enable iCloud on all devices you wish the contacts to sync and enable contact syncing. Go to contacts, and click the refresh icon on the upper left hand corner. No refresh icon? Then you didn't enable iCloud.