Can't Sync Mobile Me on new mac

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Soundhound, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Soundhound macrumors 6502a

I just got a MacBook Pro and want to set it up to Sync on mobile me with my other macs (iMac, Iphone, the Macbook Pro this one is replacing, etc.) But when I go to Mobile Me in preferences and go to the Sync tab, it won't let me click the Synchronize with MobileMe option, and all the choices below are greyed out and unavailable.

I'm sure I've missed a step somewhere. Anyone know what it is? Thanks

2. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

Try going to: Syst Prefs / MobileMe / click "account" tab... Log out then log back in with your username and password. Close syst prefs window after you logout then relaunch it to log back in...

3. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yup, did that and it worked. Thanks!

4. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

New glitches

Now I'm syncing MobileMe on the new laptop and it's working, with two flaws.

1) It hasn't copied all (or any) of my mailboxes to MacMail.

2) keychains doesn't seem to sync, I have to re-enter my info at all the sites I go to.

Anyone know how to fix these glitches? Thanks!

5. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

Do you have these 2 items "checked" in Syst Prefs / MobileMe / Sync tab (at the top)? If so, you may need to decide which Mac you want to use as a primary. The one that has the most correct information on it and do a force sync "up to" MobileMe and "down" to your other devices... Go to Syst Prefs / MobileMe / Sync tab (at top) / Advanced button (bottom right) / there, make sure all Mac's are registered. Then chose your primary Mac / click on "Reset sync data / up to MobileMe. You will see warnings on other devices that information has been reset. Choose "replace data" NOT "Merge data"