Can't sync music normally when iTunes match is enabled!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by tmanto02, Aug 7, 2012.

1. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

I just bought iTunes Match and I hate it!

I was under the assumption that I could sync my iPhone normally as well as access iTunes match. However this is not the case. When you enable iTunes Match, I lose all the playlists I have on my phone.

90% of the time I use the recently added playlist to listen to all my new music. So I wanted to use iTunes Match to access the rest of my music library that can't fit on my iPhone.

In my opinion iTunes Match is useless until Apple integrates both local syncing and cloud streaming.

:mad::mad::mad:

2. sneezymarble macrumors 6502

I know what you mean. I totally regret getting iMatch. It's the ********* cloud service ever. Seriously, why can't we still be allowed to add our own content to the phone with iMatch on. WTF?

I've actually given up on iMatch and ended up rolling my own cloud service by using Plex. I've got a computer at home that's always on and it serves all my media to Plex on my phone, and, here's the best part, I CAN STILL MANUALLY ADD CONTENT TO THE PHONE.

3. tmanto02 thread starter macrumors 65816

tmanto02

That's a brilliant idea, I also use plex, I'll download the iOS app and give it a go! Cheers