Can't sync music through iTunes to my iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Am3r1ca16, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Am3r1ca16 macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

Is anyone having the issue where they can sync the music from iTunes to their iPhone. When i try putting my music its just stuck on (step 4 out of 4) waiting for changes to be applied.

i have a Macbook pro on Mountain lion

Iphone 5 running iOS 7 beta 4 on iTunes 11.0.4

2. Sh4des macrumors newbie

I have the same issue with iOS 7 Beta 4 and my iPhone 5. My iPhone is always stuck on "Waiting for changes to be applied" and won't sync music.

I've done the usual delete voice memos, change wi-fi syncing, remove music and re-add steps but no go.

Is this an issue with iOS 7 beta 4, or another issue altogether?

I'm using Windows 8 with iTunes 11.0.4.4

3. kamalaggi macrumors member

How long have you left it on waiting for changes to be applied?

Once mine took nearly 1 hour to finish

4. daio macrumors regular

daio

This is the same with beta 4 as it has been with all betas so far, and I believe it is a new "feature".

I have the same problem but am tranferring 6000+ songs, downsized to 128kbps AAC via iTunes. The songs are transferred as reported by iTunes on the Mac within what seems to me to be record time, reporting "Waiting for changes to be applied".

Leave the device plugged in because when I checked how many songs were actually on the device, it was only around 100. I had to leave it connected for over 14 hours for all of the music to be synced properly.

5. Am3r1ca16 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

i just restored my iphone back to iOS 6 without my backup transferred all my music to my iphone and it worked. then updated back to beta 4 and used my backup. Have all my music now.

6. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I got it working, I checked the tab that makes it so you can only use your iTunes library but also manually manage music and videos

So check these

- Only sync checked songs and videos
    - Manually manage music and videos.

Works for me, I had the same problem as you. It even deleted my songs sometimes.

7. brianld macrumors member

brianld

I've run into this as well. My workaround was to slowly put more & more songs on the phone each sync. Start out with 300 - 500 songs, then gradually select about 500 more songs each time. Once you have about 60 - 70% of your library on the device, then just select "All Music".

Not ideal, but it seemed to work.

8. KattDaDon macrumors 6502

If you are on iOS 7 than I don't know how you could have missed the new beta iTunes for download from the iOS Dev Center portal. Try updating iTunes to see if the problem your having still exist in the newest iTunes beta

9. slynger macrumors regular

slynger

I don't think my problem is the same, but it is similar so I'll post here instead of opening another thread.

After I went to Beta 4 on my iPhone 5, I plugged in my phone to my computer to charge it and download some photos. When I unplugged the phone, I noticed my "Top Rated" playlist had songs added to it.

I went through and manually unrated all the songs that I did not want in that list and synced up my phone. No problem. Later, when I plugged in my phone again, a number of songs were added back with ratings that they seem to have magically assigned themselves.

Wasn't sure if this was iTunes or iOS, but I didn't have this issue until Beta 4 hit. Anyone else had something similar?