Can't sync music via iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Loman, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Loman macrumors newbie

I cannot sync music to my iPhone via iTunes. Syncing starts and stops almost immediately with error message “Attempting to copy to the disk iPhone failed. The disk could not be read from or written to”. Everything else works just fine. I can sync music with MediaMonkey and there isn’t any problem at all. But it’s kind annoying to use two separate programs to sync. I have asked help from Apple Support, but all what they say is that try to install iTunes and iPhone again, which isn’t working. I’m using Vista and it also is uptodate.
    Does anybody have any ideas how to make iTunes work?
    Any help appreciated.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Restore your phone in DFU mode and setup as new. Then sync. If you have to have game saves and haven't synced contacts, etc., then restore from a backup after DFU.

3. Loman thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried that one too, doesn't work. I'm quite sure that the problem is at iTunes, maybe some register or something like that is screwed up.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Reboot your computer, see if that helps.

If not, totally uninstall iTunes (see the Apple site on how to do this). Reinstall iTunes.

5. Loman thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried that already. I cleaned registers and everything from my computer and installed iTunes several times. Doesn't work. I have searched some forums and some others have same problems and they are also clueless what to do.