Can't sync my own video to iPhone, help.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by myemaildw, Jul 23, 2008.

1. myemaildw macrumors regular

I can't import my own video file from iTunes 7.7 to my iphone 1.1.4
    I tried importing my video into iTunes> clicking on the file and choose >convert slection for iPod/iPhone> syncing with iPhone. But video doesn't want to sync. What am i doing wrong?
    May be there is an other way to sync videos to iphone?

2. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

Don't you have to pay for Quicktime in order to get video to encode? I'm pretty sure you do.

But there are many free programs out there that will do it for you.

3. chaoses macrumors member

chaoses

I have the same problem, I can put videos in itunes and play but I can not sync it to the iphone. Does it have to be a special type of video (using quick time) to import into the iphone?

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Needs to be .mp4, but even then YMMV.

5. sibruk macrumors 6502a

Taken from http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

6. jakeacc macrumors regular

Just because it plays in iTunes doesnt mean it will play on your iPhone. It needs to be a certain frame size and file format. (480x360 m4v file) Quicktime Pro is the easiest option. Just open up Quicktime, go the Export menu, and choose "Export Quicktime to iPhone" option from the drop down. The resulting file will work on iPods and iPhones. (just double-click it to make sure it is loaded into the iTunes library)

I have done this many times and have never run into a problem. You can try other 3rd-party converters, but I don't think any of them do as good of job as Apple themselves.

7. pawz macrumors newbie