Can't Sync Newest Podcasts Onto iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Buzzinator, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Buzzinator macrumors newbie

Any new episodes of all podcasts that I'm subscribed to will not sync onto my iPod touch (3rd generation). Initially, I had this problem with ALL episodes of certain podcasts, but I figured I didn't watch them too much anyway, so whatever. But now, the ones that I DO watch, they do not sync at all. I can remove older episodes that were on my iPod with no problem, and I can add older episodes. But nothing that's new. I've tried resetting my iPod settings, and even restoring it via iTunes. I've made sure that I have the latest software version, as well as the latest iTunes. I am extremely puzzled as to what could be going wrong. Please advise.

2. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

if you are talking about video podcasts they are no longer grouped with the other podcasts, check your videos folder

3. Buzzinator thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I do mean video podcasts. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by videos folder, since it seems that all my podcasts are still within the podcasts folder. Do I still sync them from the podcasts tab though?

4. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

the video app that comes with IOS, that is where all video podcasts go not like before when they were in the music app

5. Buzzinator thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh, you mean the app. Gotcha. I've been using that app for my video podcasts for a while, not just the recent iOS update. They don't appear in the app, let alone sync onto my iPod despite the fact that I clearly checked them off to indicate that I want them to be synced onto my iPod.

6. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

7. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I had the same issue. Podcasts would sync but not show up anywhere. If I did a search for them by name they would show up and I could play them, and when closed would leave the movie app open, but still not show up in there. If I search through the movie app for them, I can see them, but it will crash when I try to play them. So a device search seems to be the only way I can watch video podcasts.