cant sync pics and videos after upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by junker, Nov 28, 2010.

1. junker, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010

junker macrumors 6502

junker

Here's my setup for reference:

iphone 3GS (my old iphone) w/os 4.1
    iphone 4 (my new iphone) w os 4.2.1
    OS. 10.5.8 on PPC G5

I recently upgraded my iphone 3GS to iphone 4. It was purchased out of state (because of Thnxgiving) and just last night connected to my computer at home for full sync - until then, it was just "contact synced" (and activated for use) at the our-of-state AT&T store., so that I could use it while on vacation...

Anyway, here's the problem: I cannot get a few movies and pictures taken with the 3GS to import/sync to iphoto. (When I returned home, I did do a final 3GS sync before I synced the iphone 4 for the first time.)

Apparently I failed notice that they didn't sync - for whatever reason - Now I cannot get the 4 videos and pics onto my Computer.... or I cannot think of another way.

Does anyone have a solution?

TIA (thanks in advance)

edit: I realized that the aforementioned videos and pics ARE on the iphone 4 - but they STILL won't sync over to itunes/computer!!!

I'd really like some help!

2. junker thread starter macrumors 6502

junker

Oh well, I guess sometimes we have to find the answers ourselves! :)

And I did :p

Oh, now you want to know how, huh?

Heh - ok. I just figured out that one can download pics and videos from iphone using preview(no HD Vids for me for some reason) so I just used Image Capture. And from here, I can get them into iphoto.

3. junker thread starter macrumors 6502

junker

.... and as I further delve into this, in my Image Capture import, I found out the file names of the initially non-importing files and then did a search in iTunes for these....

I found them in a separate event (that I now recall in an import while upgrading to iPhone 4.) What had appeared as a non-import was actually a relocation. They weren't importing was due to the fact that the event spanned 5 years! Nov 7, 2005 - Nov 28, 2010!!! They were located waaaaay back in the file order. There were about 40 random photos and videos that were also imported with them.

Now, the big question is - why were these specific photos and videos singled out? Not sure I'll really ever know, suffice it to say that I'm just glad I figured out the most immediate problem!

Anyway, thanks for listening (hope this is helpful to someone) and I guess case closed!