Cant sync podcasts to ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ColinPod, Jul 21, 2010.

1. ColinPod macrumors newbie

I am quite new to the ipod and I have a new ipod touch 8gb. I have a podcast that updates regularily to my itunes on my PC and I cant seem to get them off my itunes library and onto my ipod. when I drag them to the ipod it tells me that they are a format that is not able to be viewed on my ipod. I thought all podcasts would be the propper format to view. anyone know what could be the trouble? :confused:

2. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

You might want to put it into DFU mode and then try a restore.

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Are you manually managing the iPod? Does it work OK if you use the automatic sync instead?

4. Moocher macrumors regular

See if you can get the same podcasts from the iTunes Store. The only occasional problem I've had like this is with some video podcasts. I haven't bothered trying to convert them. Someone else can help you with that if iTunes doesn't have compatible versions.

Mooch

5. ColinPod thread starter macrumors newbie

Still trying things

Thank-you all for your suggestions. I tried to sync automatically and it still said the same thing. lol. I am not sure what DFU mode is or where to find the option. and, The real brainbuster is, yes, the podcasts ARE from the itunes store. Any more help is still greatly appreciated as I have a 1 hour transit ride to and from work and would love to watch these then. Thank-you again for any input. :D :confused:

6. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Google "iphone DFU" and follow the instructions. :)

7. v2allen macrumors regular

v2allen