Can't Sync Ringtones - work around?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhoneyboy, Sep 13, 2007.

1. iPhoneyboy macrumors member

I get the following message if I try and sync my ring tones thru iTunes. It's the same Library, but iTunes think its different. There must be a work around? Like let it wipe it out, then re-import the music library?? Has anyone had this problem and fixed it??

Attached Files:

2. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

how did you make the ringtone? via iTunes or another app?

I had kind of the same problem the other day. Made a ringtone via iTunes to test it out. And it told me this computer wasn't authorized, which it was, and had to reauthorize the computer, meaning I had two out of the five aloud authorized computers used on one computer. E-mailed iTunes support and they fixed it for me.

3. iPhoneyboy thread starter macrumors member

4. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

http://weblog.xanga.com/gryphondwb/615474010/iphone-ringtones---what-did-itunes-741-really-do.html

I use this with a script a user put together called MakeRingtone. Works GREAT!

http://rapidshare.com/files/55277622/MakeRingtone.zip.html

just download it, drag AtomicParsley to your applications folder, and then drag whatever songs you want to make ringtones out of onto the MakeRingtone application.

easy!

for the temp file, just rename it [song]_ringtone.m4a or whatever you want, that's the ringtone version

Just take that "temp" file it created, rename it to what you want, click and play it. iTunes will add it to your Ringtones and you can sync it to your iPhone, delete, etc. Works just as if you purchased it.

5. iPhoneyboy thread starter macrumors member

Well, bummer... I thought somebody would have an idea. The problem is getting my iTunes to not think I'm trying to sync to 2 Libraries. I only have one... but somehow iTunes thinks I have two if I try to sync under my Ringtones tab.

Nobody else has experienced this?