Can't sync shared itunes library on ipad2

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RafiL2000, Apr 23, 2011.

1. RafiL2000 macrumors newbie

I bought an iPad2 and tried to sync it with my older G4 desktop. iTunes 4 isn't available for that OS, so to solve it, I decided to use my wife's much newer Macbook Pro. But what to do about all that music on my old iTunes library over at my desktop? The answer to me was to share my iTunes libraries. So now, I can see my complete iTunes library as a shared library on my wife's MacBook over our home network! Proud of this accomplishment, I sync my iPad, fully expecting to be able to add my complete iTunes library to it.

No such luck! The iPad sync page only shows my wife's libraries and playlists - not my shared libraries and playlists! Argh.

Help??

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

iTunes cannot sync shared libraries to mobile devices.

3. RafiL2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. mutantblack macrumors regular

There are workarounds but the easiest for me is to use the 3rd party software. imtoo or xilisoft.

5. RafiL2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

much appreciated

How do those software packages work - would I load on my old computer (with the original itunes library) or load on the computer I normally sync the ipad with (which has the shared itunes library)?

6. mutantblack macrumors regular

how they work is very simple. You just locate where your musics are and then open the program, create playlist, drag and drop and sync. That's it.

7. RafiL2000 thread starter macrumors newbie