Can't sync to iTunes.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FrankieG889D, Aug 15, 2011.

1. FrankieG889D, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011

FrankieG889D macrumors member

I'm having trouble syncing to iTunes, when i plug my iP4 in it tells me that i can only restore (as a new phone or backup). The phone works like it's supposed to.. Any help would be great.

Meant to add that i am also on iOS 5 B5. Went ahead and tried restoring from backup and got screwed.. Jus tried to restore again from the iOS5 B5 file and it says i cannot install the current build. Really could use some help from anyone whose experienced this.I'm kinda flipping out. (Yeah I Know it's beta)

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. FrankieG889D thread starter macrumors member

yeah i see that now, just screwed myself i guess.. but thats what i get for not waiting. I can restore my phone, but when i go to restore from backup, it lets me select a backup but doesn't load any files from the backup onto my phone. Going to try the cloud real quick.

4. shandyman Suspended

if its already working, just do setup as new and iTunes will be fine.

5. FrankieG889D thread starter macrumors member

as stubborn as i am, i backed up from the cloud and got stuck in the apple screen with the bar. I used TinyUmbrella to get into DFU mode and now I'm getting error 3194. Fml.

6. kleinias macrumors regular

If this happens to you in the future, just deselect (for your iPhone 4) "Sync over wifi connection" in iTunes. Then connect your phone to iTunes using the cable and it will sync up as it normally should (without requiring you to set it up as new or restore). After that (syncing via the cable), if you wish to go back to syncing via wifi, you can.