can't sync videos taken with iphone4 back onto iphone4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by smsmith527, Sep 9, 2011.

1. smsmith527 macrumors newbie

Ok, I regularly organize my photos & videos into folders and sync them back onto my iphone4.
    But, I am having troubles with syncing the most recent videos. I have copied them into a folder and when itunes tries to sync it pops up a message that "itunes has stopped working"
    When I remove the videos itunes syncs with no problems... i'm confused because I have synced many videos in this way with no issues.

appreciate any help or solution!! :)

2. PCvet macrumors newbie

Try adding the video back into iTunes using File, Add file to library option from the menu. Then sync .. does it work ?

If not then does thi shappen to all new video taken with iphone?
    Copy old video and rename it .. does it work using either methods?

You may new to back track to what you have installed ne won your computer, if you can work out when the issues had started.

another method is create a new user in windows. Logon with the new user details and setup iTunes. Copy the new video (they way you normally do wit your folders) and see if this works. If YES, Then the issue is to do with your user profile.

I will leave here for now... until you have done some testing.

Best of luck

3. smsmith527 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you PCvet!! I started with renaming the files and trying to sync... and Ta-Da it worked!!! Can't believe it was that easy... i did have to load each one individually, but that was okay!

Again, thanks for all the suggestions, glad it was the simplest of all that worked!! :)

take care!!