Can't synchronize GH4 clips in FCPX 10.1.4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pjny, May 29, 2015.

1. pjny macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I was shooting a 1.5hour seminar with the Panasonic GH4 in 1080p 50mbps mode. The GH4 created 8 4.28GB files as I think it is something to do with the file system.

I recorded the audio from lav microphones by plugging in my iphone with XLR>ipohone adaptor and recording 44.1 khz apple lossless file using the Rode App. Sound quality was very adequate.

I had a Sennheiser MKE-400 mic on the GH4 to record the speakers voices that were broadcast over several speakers. This audio is not bad but has a lot of room noise.

I selected the 8 clips and the audio clip and hit synchronize clips. I tried this several times and the audio does not sync up most of the time or is only synced in the first clip. I have tried creating a compound clip from the 8 files so that I can sync the audio but it doesnt work.

I am hoping I dont have manually sync the audio.

Anyone know why it doesn't work. I even tried syncing individual clips. No luck. Thanks.

2. Unami macrumors 6502a

try creating a multicam clip instead (make sure to label your clip's "camera name" - e.g. gh4 & audio - in the info panel first and then create angles from camera name when creating the multiclip). if it doesn't sync all clips with the first try, in the angle editor make the video track the monitoring angle, select the clip in question, click the little menu triangle for this track and select: sync selection to monitoring angle.