Can't take it anymore, so I ordered 4GB from Crucial UK

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skyrider007, Feb 1, 2008.

1. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

I've been waiting for the price to go down to 50 quids again but simply can't take it anymore. So I bit the bullet and paid a pricey 75 quids for the same thing that was sold for 20 quids less a week or two ago. For some reason I find it more comforting to order from Crucial rather than Play.com I have absolutely no idea what I've gotten myself into, though. Was it an impulse purchase?!!

I hope I'll the receive the RAM by Tuesday as I paid 3 quids extra for the super duper express delivery. Now I just have to go to B&Q to buy the screwdriver (is it the philips #0 that i need?)

I'd greatly appreciate if anyone with 4GB Crucial RAM in their MBPs could report how the thing is doing inside their MBPs.

Cheers

P.S. let's hope they don't drop half the price next week. crucial is soo highly unstable.

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

cant comment on the RAM but it's a #00 phillips

3. skyrider007 thread starter macrumors 65816

skyrider007

thx

4. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I don't have a MBP, but added 4gb of Crucial ram to my Black Macbook, and it is running great.

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

If you ordered it today you would get it by Monday, even if you used the free post option.

I ordered some last week. I placed the order at 1:00am on the Tuesday and it was delivered by 9:00am on the Wednesday using the free delivery.

PS. I got mine at the cheap price too :p

6. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

i dotn have a MBP but im guessing that ram is always sold aftermarket it should be fine.
    good luck.