Can't train Hey Siri on the watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MythicFrost, Apr 9, 2016.

1. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

I only just found out about this recently when my watch would activate if my friends said Hey Siri after I'd tilted my wrist to show the display.

I found training Siri worked for me really well on the 6S+, I wish they'd have added it to the Watch. Anyone know why they wouldn't have done so?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

One reason may be is that Hey Siri will work on an iPhone that is asleep. But only on a :apple:Watch that is on. Also the :apple:Watch mic is less sensitive than the iPhone's. Probably a hardware limitation too.

3. CobraPA macrumors 6502

I thought I had read that training would work on the watch. Not sure where I saw that though. How do you know when it is trained? I haven't tried yet.

4. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

When it stops pooping on the floor? :p

I think Siri has forgotten how to interpret, "Hey Siri, tell my wife, 'I'm on my way home now.'" It used to work -- it would send a text to my wife which said, "I'm on my way home now", and it was done. Now, Siri responds, "I don't know who your wife is," and worse, it doesn't matter whether I use the AW or I speak to my phone.

But, even stranger, on the phone, Siri correctly pulls up my wife's contact card when I ask it, "Hey Siri, who's my wife?" So Siri "knows" who my wife is, but somehow "forgets" when I ask it to do a task like send a text message.

I think Siri's developing an attitude.

5. Recognition macrumors 6502

Recognition

Don't think I agree here,
    If I hold my iPhone 6S+ at arms length next to my AW and say 'hey Siri, turn on my alarms', both react but my watch transcripts my command perfectly and executes it. My phone just hears 'hey Siri' and says 'yes?'.

I find my watch much more accurate for voice commands and dictation than my phone.