Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pshifrin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
I've been on the phone with AT&T for over an hour. I just upgraded my S3 to S5. Every time we go into Setup cellular we are getting error EDS0089. Anyone with experience know of any pointers to tell them, they seem clueless. This is a business account and in premier it is showing the new watch, attached to the line with the correct IMEI.

mrwilly25

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2015
I had the same problem when I switched from a Aluminum S4 to a SBSS S4.

I did it all through their chat system and their Apple Watch support team. They had to manually add the IMEI and EID. Upon digging in to my account, they also saw I cancelled the cell service for my wife's S3, which didn't fully get removed from my account. Their system basically saw two Apple Watches waiting to be activated and couldn't complete. Once the S3 was fully removed, my SBSS S4 activated with no issues.

I spent about 1 hour 30 min in their chat, a lot easier than being on the phone.

Reactions: dave006

pshifrin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Update: Total time to fix this, 3 hours and 14 minutes! After 2 hours with the first rep, who was nice but didn't know what they were doing and I hung up. Called back and got someone who 100% knew what they were doing and it still took 1:14. Sort of ridiculous don't you think?

Last edited:

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Update: Total time to fix this. 3 hours and 14 minutes! [...] Sort of ridiculous don't you think?
Completely ridiculous.

... and 100% an AT&T issue.

With T-Mobile, moving the service from my S4 to my S5 (and back and forth a couple times in testing some stuff) was simple, quick, easy, and I did it right from my phone & watch. Never had to contact TMO.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
I transferred my service on At&t to the new watch with no issues using the phone and the watch, never had to contact At&t.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I didn’t have any problems either. The trick is to select “Remove plan” when you unpair your old watch. You MUST unpair your old watch before you can move the cell plan to your new watch.
He Apple kB says to do just that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.