Can't transfer Iphone Apps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NumberTwoZero, Dec 22, 2010.

1. NumberTwoZero macrumors newbie

When I try and sync my IPhone to my itunes it says I need to restore it to be able to sync it, the only problem is that I have apps that I have downloaded and purchased legally on there, and they aren't on my Itunes, is there anyway I can keep them and restore my iphone?

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Plug your iPhone into your computer and start iTunes. If iTunes asks you to restore or sync or anything like that just click cancel.

In the menu on the left hand side of iTunes, right click on your iPhone and select "Transfer Purchases from <Your iPhone>".

This should transfer any Apps that you have downloaded (as well as anything else that you've bought from the iTunes Store) to this computer.

Check in the Apps section of iTunes that the process has happened correctly.

Then continue with a restore or whatever else you want to do (although make sure you have all the data you want to keep backed up).

3. NumberTwoZero thread starter macrumors newbie

When I right clicked my IPhone on the left hand side only two things popped up, Open in new window and Eject

4. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Are you sure that you are in iTunes?

The Pop Up Should look something like the following picture.

Attached Files:

5. NumberTwoZero thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I am positive, I cannot sync the IPhone until or transfer anything until it is restored,, is there anyway I could maybe store the apps on a flash drive?