Can't transfer purchases or sync music

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by g35, Dec 10, 2013.

1. g35 macrumors 6502a

iPhone 5 running 7.0.4 was able to transfer app from computer to phone and was able to transfer purchases (apps) from computer to phone, but won't sync music or podcasts and couldn't transfer purchases (podcasts) from phone to computer.

Have been on 7.0.4 since it came out and haven't made any changes recently aside from downloading podcasts (which I have always done without issue) and apps.

Can anyone suggest a solution short of unchecking the boxes in iTunes and re-syncing everything?

Also it was able to back up the phone to iTunes and transfer pictures from the computer to phone. It's podcasts and music that are messed up. Since 7.0.3 (skipped 7.0.2) I have noticed that every few weeks it will randomly delete all my music and podcasts from phone every week or two, but this time the podcasts and music were left on the phone and simply won't sync.or transfer purchases.

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

In the Apple Ecosystem, when they say SYNC, you assume it's a two-way deal but that's only true in iCloud. PC -> iPhone is really a one way deal.

You really need to move your music/podcast library from the old PC to the new PC. If they are iTunes-purchased music you can always re-download them to your PC.

3. g35 thread starter macrumors 6502a

There is no old PC. I have some podcasts that I downloaded to my phone, which I am trying to get on my computer (by clicking transfer purchases, which is supposed to do that and has in the past). Downloading them on to the computer is a last resort because there are so many.

Second step is pressing sync to send some music that's currently on the computer, to the phone. This music didn't come from iTunes, so again downloading on the phone it is not an option.

Neither of those steps works to move music or podcasts. Only apps seem to be transferred, even though the appropriate boxes are checked.

Nothing has changed in my computer or phone in the last two weeks, and I have done this countless times in the past without a hiccup. I love the interface of iOS 7 but it's given me more glitches in the last 3 months than I got in 5 years of iOS 2-6.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

I will address podcast only at this time.

It used to be, you download your podcast on the PC, then at the end of the day, you plug in your phone and transfer those podcasts to your phone. You have them on both devices.

Then Apple decided to make a Podcast App on the phone so you can get it directly. However I do not think Apple thought this through what if you want to have the same podcasts on your PC.

I never bothered to find out. I don't need my podcasts instantly and don't use the App and kept the old method.

Perhaps someone else will jump in here to help.

5. shmeffrey macrumors member

I have the same problem. I'm running an iMac with the latest version of iTunes and IOS7.0.4 and it won't sync my music. Even if I try to manage it manually it starts then just says cancel and stops...