Can't transfer Voice memo's

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ezareski, Feb 17, 2010.

1. ezareski macrumors newbie

My Iphone was synched to an old mac that I lost. I have about 150 voice memos that I need to transfer but each time I connect my Iphone to my laptop it tells me that its been synced to another comp and only give me the option to "erase and sync" which means that I would lose all of my memos. I called mac twice they had no answers. I tried Senuti ect.... but no 3rd party software recognizes Voice memo's it seems.

What can I do?? I need those voice memo's and Emailing them would take forever. Besides some of them are 4 mintues long and dont allow you to email them.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you,

E

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I can help you.

There is 3rd party software that can help you and it's free (except for Diskaid, if you need it).

Download iPhone Backup Extractor and SQLite Database Browser. Buy Diskaid if you don't have a backup on your computer.

Then see my post here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9046403&postcount=2

You should be set then. Easy Peasy.

3. Fedex macrumors newbie

hi there

I was plagued by the iphone bug that stopped me downloading a large voice memo onto iTunes (25 mins!) and it was really important.
    I eventually found this app, iphone explorer, at http://www.macroplant.com/ what it does is allows you to treat your phone like an external drive, browse for the files you want then simply drag and drop. I found that for some reason my elusive file was .mov which was playable once I got it onto my computer.
    It's the only solution I've found yet and it would allow you to drag all those files off your phone onto any computer in one drop.
    hope that's useful.

Fedex