Can't trash pix from mini disc drive

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shmerls, Feb 19, 2017.

1. shmerls macrumors member

shmerls

I have a Mac Pro 2012 and use a Sony a mini disc reader to interface with the disc from my cameras. Have had it for years with no problem. I'm using Lion 10.7.5 because I am waiting on new drives and to be able to afford the updates to several expensive applications that don't work with latest Mac OSX.

But I've never had issues with this Sony reader. Total plug n play. Plug in disc from camera, drag files to hard drive or import from whatever program I'm using no problem. Years now. All of a sudden when I drag files from disc/reader to trash, I get message:

The item "IMG_xxxxx.jpg" can't be moved to the Trash because it can't be deleted. OK button.

I haven't changed anything so can't trouble shoot anything I did that might have resulted in this inability. To be clear, this alert happens when just dragging from reader to trash, not after in the Trash and then when I try to delete. I can't even get picture files into the trash.

Not sure where to go what to do to fix or work around.

Thoughts? Thanks
    Steven

PS: I can drag files from Sony Memory Stick Pro to my desktop. I just can't drag to Trash at all.

ABOUT Sony:
    Memory Stick Pro
    Model: MRW62E-T

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Is there only one disc with that issue (have you tried other discs?)
    Can you delete the file when you have the reader connected to your camera?
    Can you use the camera to erase/format the disc (which might fix the problem with that disc)

3. shmerls thread starter macrumors member

shmerls

Must be a faulty disc. I put in another, took a shot and trashed it no problem! Thanks for that idea and fix!

Regards,
    Steven

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Also what format is the disks? If the format is FSTS then OS X can only READ NTFS and the disk is only readable!