Can't turn iTouch off OR on!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by acoleman81, Apr 17, 2008.

1. acoleman81 macrumors newbie

I bought the 16 gig iTouch yesterday and jailbroke it using ZiPhone. Everything seemed to work fine and I downloaded a couple of Apps but this morning I couldn't turn on my iTouch. When I hooked it up to a power source (in my car) it turned on and worked fine. Now I can't turn it off! It is almost like the top button won't work because I can't manually reset it either. I used the reset within the iTouch (the one that doesn't erase my content) and that didn't do anything to help. Has this ever happened to anyone? I want to avoid resetting my iTouch through iTunes (I hope iTunes can see it) but is there any other choice?

2. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

You can always reboot it by holding menu+offbutton

3. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

I'm afraid reseting is your only option regardless.
    Reset and see if that helps. If not take it to Apple.

4. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

haha no.

Just hold down the Sleep/Wake button and home button for 6 seconds or until it turns off......

Then turn it back on.

5. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

Can neither of you actually read?

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Wow, my iq dropped 200 points from that... OP: restore it in iTunes, and return it if the restore does not help

7. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

same thing happens to me from time to time. my ipod doesn't wake up when i press anything and then i plug it into my computer and the charge screen pops up and then i can start using it again. I used iliberty+.