Can't turn off Apple Music auto renewal

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by SnowDX, Jul 23, 2015.

1. SnowDX macrumors 6502

I've looked in my account in iTunes under Account Info -> settings. I have no subscriptions there. I tried to check on my phone in Apple Music but when I click the "manage" link, it takes me to the Apple web page and wants to choose a more secure password, even though my current password is 20 some characters, has special characters, lower and upper case, etc. and I am not asked this any other time when logging into Apple with my ID.

Now, I am wondering if if the subscription is under my daughter's name because she is the one who signed up and chose family plan, which automatically sent my husband and I notifications that we had joined Apple Music. But she doesn't have a credit card and she isn't the family head in family sharing. She told me that she did not have to enter any credit card info. So why would Apple Music allow someone who wasn't the head of the account and not designated as a parent, to be the controller of the payments on the Apple Music plan? Maybe they are treating it like purchasing an app, but this is not the same, it's a recurring subscription. And she loads her account with iTunes gift cards anyway so never uses the credit card attached.

I can't confirm that that is the case as my daughter is sleeping right now. So I'll check tomorrow. But I suspect it has something to do with it.

If that's the case, is there a way to transfer it to me? Cancel the trial and re-do the trial under my account?

2. SnowDX thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone have any ideas on this one? I still don't have access to the subscription. Our trial end is tomorrow and I'd like to switch it to me actually being the owner and having control of the family subscription. I was just going to cancel my daughter's and sign up under my account, but then I have no idea what will happen to her playlists and music she's saved to her phone. Is she going to lose it all? or will it remember that she was under a family account and she'll still have what she had saved to her phone and such?

She already had a huge problem when Apple replaced her phone as none of the music she had saved offline came back with the new phone. She had to go searching and spend hours saving it again. So we'd rather not need her to go through that again as she teaches dance classes that she needs music for and it's a pain to search out everything she needs for a third time.