Cant turn on Siri (Spire)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by L4Leonard, Feb 2, 2012.

1. L4Leonard macrumors regular

L4Leonard

So im stuck here with a kinda odd problem. The thing is, whenever i turn on Siri after have installed Spire under Settings>General>Siri, nothing happens. the little activation- icon on the right just flips over to become blue, but then nothing else! Ive tried it all, rebooting, restoring, re- jail breaking, and found out that the problem only can be solved when jail breaking from the "set as new" option in cydia. After that, siri (or Spire) works just perfectly. But as soon as i try to restore my phone from my back up, it goes back to its none- functional state. Why? help please!

2. 0000757 macrumors 68040

There you go. You're not restoring from an iPhone 4S backup so it's going to overwrite it.

3. L4Leonard thread starter macrumors regular

L4Leonard

just to clear things up, I'm on an iPhone 4. Can i somehow ssh into my iPhone 4, manually delete all the Siri/Spire files from there, and then re- install Spire agin?

4. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Have you tried selling your iPhone 4 and buying a 4S? It worked for others.

5. L4Leonard thread starter macrumors regular

L4Leonard

Ok, thanks for the tip. Ill se what i can do about it tomorrow, ok? ANd oh, also, i almost forgot. Ill send the bill to you then, if thats ok?

6. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Great, keep me posted.

7. 0000757 macrumors 68040

Are you having Spire pre-installed? Why are you restoring when jailbreaking? Just do a normal jailbreak and then go on Cydia and download Spire.

8. goranksim macrumors newbie

iPhone won't turn on

Please help,

I installed spire on my iPhone, but after the installation it started to reboot my device and it doesn't turn on anymore. All it does is shows the silver-white apple sign and doesn't goes any further.

Please help

9. bandofbrothers, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012

bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

As an iPhone 4 owner i don't feel the urge to upgrade to the 4s for the slighter faster a5 chip, slightly better grade camera or siri.

Anyone upgrading just for siri are going to be disappointed.

I jb and downloaded spire on my iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 without issue and now use a siri proxy that allows me to use the siri programme without issue.

I used redsn0w 0.9.10b5 un tethered version.

As I've said before i put siri on my iPhone 4 because apple said i couldn't have it, and i see no valid reason why. The only function that is redundant is the raise to ear as the iPhone 4 sensor does not continually fire like the 4s but this can be got around by tweaks or even a future app.

I mainly jb to use certain tweaks to allow a better user experience.

If apple allowed the use of siri for older idevices even for a fee then iPhone users who want to use or try out siri wouldn't have to go to such lengths !

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

What firmware are you on i didn't see that. I say tbat because Spire won't work on 5.1

11. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I jailbreak too, I am just letting you know there is only one fool proof wayt o get siri as of now.

12. willpower101 macrumors regular

Eric do us all a favor and get out of the hacks section.

Spire and i4iri both work pretty damn well and if my 12 year old brother can set them up I consider that pretty foolproof. There are other methods too involving setting up your own server or having a bash script auto send an auth from my friends iphone via email every 24 hours but those aren't quite as clean as they should be.

13. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Yes, right away sir.

No really, if you don't like my post you can ignore them. The OP posted a question and I gave advice to him. Selling your phone will get you more money than what it would cost to buy a new one subsidized. It's a decent suggestion and a lot of people do this. You can sell a used iPhone4 for $400 to $600, and then buy a new iPhone 4S for $199. If this upsets you, please don't read my post.

14. willpower101 macrumors regular

It's a hacking subforum. Not a workaround / fanboi subforum. Advice given in this here will be different than advice given in 'tips'. 'Sell your phone and get another' is a cop out answer. Maybe you think op shouldn't be fooling around with modding but that's not your call.

I almost forgot:
    1. Try turning off spotlight search and voice search for one.
    2. make sure you reboot after installing spire.
    3. get ifile and delete assistant.plist & assistant.support.plist
    4. opt. Reboot and delete those files again. (should start working without reboot though, also these files might come back ever reboot but I don't think they reappear ever respring. Could be wrong though. Play around with it.)

15. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Yes sir, whatever you say sir.

Seriously, I gave him a work around. If you don't like it, don't read my post. You are able to add people to your ignore list. I suggest you do that to me.

I made simple suggestion, I don't need a lecture from you. :rolleyes:

Ummm, I have no problems with jailbreaking and modding. I have always jailbroken my iPhones and my Apple TV's, though that's none of your business.

16. willpower101 macrumors regular

Also no you can't unless, like you say, your contract is up for renewal and you buy a subsidize one and reup for 2 more years. No all of us have subsidized phones (and I like my month to month contract thank you) so we can't assume things like that.

Also, who in their right mind would reup right now when the iphone 5 is a couple months out?

17. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

OP hasn't stated that was an issue for him....seriously, feel free to put me on your ignore list. I am putting you on mine.

18. willpower101 macrumors regular

LOL. The IT market in your area must be hopping for you to have a job ;)
    "Sir, it looks like your SQL db isn't enumerating new keys properly. I suggest we buy a new server."

----------

Actually you seem to have missed his blatant sarcasm about sending you the bill :D:D