cant turn on

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lasanthajn, Oct 15, 2008.

1. lasanthajn macrumors newbie

Dear All,
    I am using 16GB Iphone version 1.1.4. One day, when I was going to reset my iphone, it shutdown. Since that, I can’t turn on my iPhone. But after I plug in to Power (Power Adepter to Charge), Once I Press Power button, It’s showing apple logo and shutting down again. When I press Home+Power buttons together, I can see that iTune Logo + Cable Icons (Restore mode), But when it’s showing only once I plug in to Power Supply. If I plug in to PC (to Desktop via USB), I cant do anything .
    I cat see till Apple Logo once I plug in to Power Adepter only. But I cant do anything… It cant go ahead more than that. Pls help me something…

Lasantha

2. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

3. lasanthajn thread starter macrumors newbie

cant turn on

Thanks friend for your reply.
    iTune could able to connect with iPhone. But i got this error "The iPhone "iPhone" could not restored. An unknown arror accurred(1601)", I am Using i Tune 7.5. Is that problem?

Thanks Again

4. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

It could be, you should make sure you have the latest version.

5. lasanthajn thread starter macrumors newbie

doesn't turn on

Dear friend,
    I am getting same error. I don’t know why, when I am plugging to PC or laptop, I can’t see anything on iphone screen. But After I am pressing Home+Main buttons together (DFU mode), iTune able to detect (also I can see on device manager) and when I restore it within few min getting 1601 error. I have tried with all iTune versions.
    Funny thing is, when I plugging to Power adepter only, I can see upto Apple Logo. And its shutting down automatically.

Lasantha

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

What do you mean, you're getting the same error? You're the original poster. You're getting the same error as yourself. :p

Okay, so if you're getting the 1601 error, there are two major possibilities...

1) This involves a phone that was jailbreaked / unlocked on 1.1.4 and the issue has to do with the jailbreaking, like this:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=553598

2) This issue involves corrupted iTunes software, per this Apple knowledgebase article:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA38633?viewlocale=en_US

So step one: did you jailbreak / unlock it or not?

7. lasanthajn thread starter macrumors newbie

doesnt turn on

I can’t turn on iPhone when I connect to PC (and without connect to PC & Charger) . if I connect to charger, I am able to turn on, but it doesn’t go more than apple log. I can see apple logo just few second and disappear it. When I hold home+power buttons (while connecting to charger) it show apple logo+ USB Cable (Restore mode). But I can get same mode while I am connecting to PC (doesn’t show anything).

Lasantha

8. haopu macrumors newbie

hi, Lasantha
    the same problem happened to me today, i googled it and found this:
    "holding down the home and lock buttons for ten seconds and letting go of the lock and holding home for 10 more."
    i tried and it works! The apple logo showed up and after 20 sec, the home screen light up.
    have a try! and good luck!
    haopu

9. lasanthajn thread starter macrumors newbie

DEar Haopu,
    Thanks for your reply. i didnt get mean of "and lock buttons for ten seconds and letting go of the lock and holding home for 10 more".
    1). Should i do that after plug it to Charger, PC or without that?
    after i plug in to charger only, I can see apple Logo. without plug in to charger, I cant do anything even I press home+power

Thanks again
    Lasantha

10. jeyan macrumors newbie

hi yes my phone has been jailbroken and unlocked? and i did the get i tunes to connect but it keeps giving me 1601 or 1602 erroe what can do now?