Can't type correctly--not sure what to call it...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sahni130, Feb 20, 2014.

1. sahni130 macrumors 6502

sahni130

Hello,
    So every now and the, when I'm typing, and pause for a moment or two, then start typing again.... the computer will start placing the words not where it started, but somewhere else. For example, if I'm typing "I love my iMac", then pause, and start typing "very much", it may place that second phrase before the first, or in the middle, etc.

Kinda weird/hard to explain, I guess. But now, I am not being silly, or "trolling" as they say, I'm wondering if this is due to autorrect (how do I turn this off) or my recent ram upgrade- added 16GB Crucial to stock 8GB Apple/Elpida(any relation)? This has happened in Word and Safari so far.

Running the latest software, etc.
    Thanks,
    Jay

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Reset your PRAM, especially since you added new RAM sticks. I had keyboard issues a few weeks back, and doing that a few times fixed the problem. I don't know exactly why, but it did. Could be the case here.

3. Robert Davies macrumors 6502

Robert Davies

To the original poster (OP)

Do you use a trackpad on the affected machine(s) ?

4. Mugwumper macrumors regular

Maybe the keyboard?

I have an older (2008) white MacBook and have seen this happen occasionally. I can reproduce it if I try hard enough ;^) but have pretty much concluded it's a keyboard problem. Wouldn't surprise me if it's some "gunk" in the keyboard, but have not taken any effort to find out.

5. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

When you say latest, I'm assuming Mavericks. This behavior has been reported on Apple Discussions and I've seen it as well. I'll be typing and the cursor will jump back into a previous part of the text.

Yes, it is hard to describe making it hard to search for others that are having the same issue.

6. sahni130 thread starter macrumors 6502

sahni130

Thank you all for responding. Yes, I have mAvericks installed, as well as using a trackpad. I'm surpassed it's even somewhat of a common issue...