Can't type double quotes. Plz help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dainius, Jan 25, 2011.

1. dainius macrumors newbie

Hello, i have big problem. I'm web programmer and double quotes are necessary. Shift + (any key) works normal. Except one key shift + ' - double quotes. How can i fix that?

2. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Get a new keyboard? Otherwise you could try a keyboard layout that has double-quotes on shift + 2 or some other key combination.

3. dainius thread starter macrumors newbie

No need other keyboard. Because the best thing that in other mac os x user like Guest i could type double quotes :( and in bootcamp windows could... .That is very annoying thing :mad: . I dont know what to do :/

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

What comes out when you type that? A different symbol? Have you got your keyboard set correctly in the international preferences?

5. dainius thread starter macrumors newbie

Whent i press shift + ' nothing happens. And about settings i think that all settings are correct. Other odd thing that i was using this user for about 2-3 month and didn't have any problems with that. So i don't know what i could have done wrong :(

6. dainius thread starter macrumors newbie

Found a problem. Problem was in SwitchResX software. Somehow that soft developers thought that a good idea is to bind shift + ' by default... idiots... And thanks for those who tried to help :)