Can't type password on startup (2016 15

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by adh328, Dec 9, 2016.

1. adh328 macrumors member

Has anyone had an issue where you turn on the new MBP (i have the 15") and you cannot type in your password? The touch bar isn't even lit up. I restart a couple times then it works. Only happened once so far but I hope its not an ongoing issue. Only had the laptop for two days.

2. stephenvis macrumors newbie

Had it too! put in back into sleep mode for 3 times to try again but no possibility to enter password. first time restarting worked though

3. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

One of the YT reviewers had the same issue. Likely Apple will resolve these SW glitches with further updates. All part and parcel of being an early adopter with Apple`s 1st Gen hardware. Been there myself in the past.

Q-6

4. Cache macrumors regular

I just had this! Received my macbook today and was playing around, surfing the web and installing a couple of apps. Afterwards let the macbook sit for a while and it put itself in hibernation mode. Upon waking, the trackpad didn't work. Forced shutdown, rebooted and I couldn't type in my password. Had this thing for less than two hours and already had to force it to shutdown. :(

5. adh328 thread starter macrumors member

Well just know you're not alone! Will definitely be addressed in an update... i hope.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 9, 2016 ---
    Also, I've noticed there is considerable lag when waking the laptop from sleep by opening the lid. Compared to my 2015, its a noticable 3-4 second delay longer...

6. thejappster macrumors newbie

thejappster

I feel :( I hope apple fixes this in a software update

7. Zillan macrumors member

8. adh328 thread starter macrumors member

I stated in my original post that the touch bar is not lit up, therefore not saying we can use Touch ID. Touch ID also does not work during this time, making me believe it is connected to the touch bar in some way.

9. TheBacklash macrumors 6502

TheBacklash

this has happened to me on my old 13" MBP from time to time. Particularly when it wasn't opened for a while, the entire keyboard was unresponsive and the screen went to sleep, most times i'd just shut the lid and open it back up and be fine.
    I'd assume it's software and probably not limited to the touch bar models.

10. irasna macrumors newbie

irasna

I don't think it was not because of the TOUCH ID. It happened on my mid 2014 Macbook Pro Retina 15".

please share how to fix it.

thanks.