Can't Type Past First Letter In Search Engine

Discussion in 'iMac' started by cannoli37, Jan 16, 2012.

1. cannoli37 macrumors newbie

I am having a strange problem that seems to happen about every day now. While using my iMac (wireless keyboard) and doing a search on say google or yelp, after I type the first letter the cursor will not move forward with the next letter. Rather it just replaces the first letter with each consecutive letter I type. The only way to get it to stop would be to click an item somewhere on the search engine. I can then go back and actually spell out the word/s in the search engine box with no problem until the next time it happens. I hope my description makes sense and if anyone has experienced this can share what might be causing this, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

2. simsaladimbamba

What Mac OS X version with what browser (and version) do you use?
    Have you tried resetting the browser yet?

3. cannoli37 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for responding

I am using OS X version 10.6.8 and Safari 5.1.2 and Firefox 3.6.17. I just reset both browsers. Seems ok now. Will repost in a day or so.

4. cannoli37 thread starter macrumors newbie

Still Having Problem

I thought the issue was over with but its still happening. Go to Yelp and I can only type the first letter. It keeps getting replaced by the next letter, but never moves forward to complete a word.:(