Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

to1986

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2009
Since upgrading to 4.2.1 I am having issues with veency that i never had before.

When controlling my iPhone through veency I can navigate around the springboard without any problems. However as soon as I enter an app I cannot interact with the app, for example if I try typing with the keyboard it won't respond. I can still return to the home screen by right clicking the mouse button but that's about all I can do.

I have tried reinstalling veency and I have tried different VNC clients on my mac but nothing seems to work. Any ideas what might be the problem?

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Since upgrading to 4.2.1 I am having issues with veency that i never had before.

When controlling my iPhone through veency I can navigate around the springboard without any problems. However as soon as I enter an app I cannot interact with the app, for example if I try typing with the keyboard it won't respond. I can still return to the home screen by right clicking the mouse button but that's about all I can do.

I have tried reinstalling veency and I have tried different VNC clients on my mac but nothing seems to work. Any ideas what might be the problem?

I haven't seen any updates for Veency since 4.2.1 (I could be wrong) but it may need an update to work properly from 4.1

zra

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2009

I'm having the same exact problem on my 3gs Running 4.1 Turning "SHOW CURSOR" off causes VNC to constantly exit with an "Unknown Rectangle Encoding" error.

I've tried connecting on both Mac and PC with several different VNC apps but no luck. I hope someone updates, this is functionality I'd actually pay somethng for.

onener

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
Solved

Guys... For me on Ios 5 this actually did the trick, just turn off the "cursor" in your Iphone settings - veency. that's it :)

I'm having the same exact problem on my 3gs Running 4.1 Turning "SHOW CURSOR" off causes VNC to constantly exit with an "Unknown Rectangle Encoding" error.

I've tried connecting on both Mac and PC with several different VNC apps but no luck. I hope someone updates, this is functionality I'd actually pay somethng for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.