Can't unjailbreak iphone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by CYBOX, Jun 18, 2016.

1. CYBOX macrumors newbie

Im trying to unjailbreak an iphone 5s using ios 8.0, i cant update the phone, it wont connect to itunes and cydia impactor doesnt support ios 8.0, please help.

2. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

Try Semi-Restore. If iTunes isn't recognizing the device you may have another issue. You can try putting the device in safe mode then see if iTunes can see it.

3. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

Try another lightning cable, if you have not done so already.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

When you say you are trying to unjailbreak, are you trying to restore to the same version of iOS (so you can jailbreak again) or are you simply trying to remove your jailbreak and restore to the latest version of iOS?

The fact that you mention Impactor tells me you are trying to restore to the same version of iOS, but you also mention iTunes.

Depending on what you are trying to do it influences our suggestions in helping you.

Lastly, what kind of computer are using using (Mac or PC) with what version of OS and what version of iTunes?

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

dfu and restore as new to the latest fw.

6. CYBOX thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm trying to just remove JB, im not going to re-jailbreak it and will probably update to latest firmware, any method of un jailbreaking will be great even if i lose all my information on my phone.

I have both a Windows 8.1 pc using latest itunes and a mac using Yosemite with the latest itunes update.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 18, 2016 ---
    Searched up this dfu restore method and seems to be what i need, Ill try it now and see if it works.
    i have already done so
    Still no, ill try dfu though as carlanga suggested

7. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

Have you tried another computer?? Or if that is not possible, an alternate USB port? ( may years ago, I had an HP computer, and tehtered a Sanyo 4500 for internet, but it would not work in the USB ports on the right side of the laptop, only on the ones on the left..I never bothered to figure out why..)

8. CYBOX thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried 2 macs and a windows pc, but the dfu method mentioned above seems to have worked percfectly!!
    Worked well, no more jailbreak.
    thankyou

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Good to hear. DFU would have been my next suggestion based on your previous answer.

10. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

No prob! Once you try everything else it becomes the only way to fix things.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I hate when I cant "unjailbreak" my device...

12. ielessar macrumors regular

Just to let you know, Semi-restore does not remove the jailbreak. Unlike Cydia Impactor, it restores your iPhone yet maintains the jailbreak and Cydia.

13. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

Yeah, that was my bad.... I replied without fully reading his question. I noticed he had been given the proper instructions and didn't correct myself. Appreciate ya'...